Friday, February 26, 2010

Date Night with Daddy

I am so excited for our kids to have date night with their Dad. This will be such a great bonding time for them. I am blessed to have the opportunity to stay at home with our children and have that 1 on 1 with each child. Since my husband works long and hard I wanted him to have the same opportunity.

I love how this date idea box turned out & I know it will help . To figure out the order, it was best to go by what day they were born in the month {Aulina: 1th will go week 1 / Taidan: 5th will go week 2 / Audra: 7th will go week 3 / Auri: 22nd will go week 4}. The dice is for them to roll and what ever number comes up, thats the section they will look in to find the idea (ideas came from -coolestdates.com Sometimes site will not work so some of the ideas are listed below) for their date. After they use that idea they should journal on the back and then put the card to the back of the pile of ideas.


1-I just got a file box, headband and flower(dollar store finds!).



2-After taking apart the flower, I took one of my larger scrapbooking brads and poked it thru the flower and headband.


3-Fold the top of the flower under the headband.


4-Using the blank side of the 3 x 5 cards I cut patterned paper to fit.


5-I used these tabs I found at the office store(they were .30 on clearance!) and labeled them with a permenant marker.


6-All 12 sections labeled. 1: indoor-put together a model car, puzzles,build a house of cards with a deck of cars then play a card game, talk about your favorite "collection"cake baking, build a candy castle, watch a movie 2: adventurous-hike somewhere, roller blade, ice hockey, rock climb 3: free- hopscotch on sidewalk, read a children's book at the bookstore, tour police/fire station 4: outdoor-climb a tree, find the smoothest stone in a river, play frisbee in the dark with flashlight 5: educational-visit museum, plan the date around a book from library, learn a new skill 6: theme-comedy, color, numbers, 7: games-play toss with odd objects, card, bubble gum blowing contest, catch at the park, arcades, picture drawing, 8: playful-play on the park equipment, run thru the sprinklers, whip topping fight, coloring contest, devise your own code & mail a letter to someone 9: cheap-buy a book from Goodwill & replace the names with your own. Read the new story, ride the downtown bus-talk about favorite site, bowling at college campus, frog jumping contest with plastic frogs, feed the ducks 10: daddy's choice 11: sporty-miniature golf, fishing, horseshoes, tennis 12: kids choice.


7-In each section I took the blank side and wrote the date idea (I like my handwriting and its a great keepsake) so it frees up the back side with lines. This is where each child can journal in (for their box) their thoughts and feelings from the date.


8-I made a label to attach to the top{ "Name" date night with Dad} to personalize it.

It is so important to have that 1 on 1 with each child so they feel LOVED & that they BELONG to your family.

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea. I am also a sahm and I never thought about my dh not getting any 1 on 1 time. This is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! I think I'm going to make this for hubby for Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, my favorite part being the journaling idea on the back of the card. How priceless for your children... now and down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such great ideas. I'm going to stop ogling and start following your blog! Keep up the great work.

    kerstin @ mommytimecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea and am doing something similar. I have 4 children also, whom I homeschool. I looked at your link, but it's broken. I'd love some ideas on what to put in the box. I just cant come up with that many ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie- Thank you so much. the site I got the ideas from is coolestdates.com. If you can't get on please email me @ loverde@cableone.net and I can email you a list of the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just emailed you since I too am unable to get the link to work. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing. There are so many wonderful ideas on your site that I can't wait to use. I'm looking forward to making these for my kids. In the meantime, I adapted your idea to create our family's advent calendar this year. You can see it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67041004@N06/sets/72157628237574619/with/6437836347/.
    Thank you for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this idea! Thanks so much for sharing it. I think I need to make some for my kids now

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this idea. the 6,7,8 categories would come up the most, with 1 and 12 rarely coming up though. have you noticed that or did you make the categories with that in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Idea so much. Thanks for sharing.
    Its so nice to find great ideas for activities for Dad to do with kids, I feel bad for being the one that does all the fun activities all the time. it will be nice for him to get to do some.

    http://pursuitofproverbs31.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. looking to update the hp printer software and need any kind of assistance then you can contact at 123.hp.com for help. they are available 24/7 to provide services to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails